"FINNOMENA" is a merger of two words = “Finance” and “Phenomena”.
Our committed aspiration is to create a phenomenon for creation, promotion and education of finance and investment. We connect knowledgeable gurus in the finance & investment industries to exchange and share knowledge through digital media channels continuously. With many years of experience in various financial markets, we provide an accessible place for the public to tap into each financial guru’s specific expertise in investment. We believe that combining each guru's strengths together, will lead to creating the most comprehensive knowledge base from the basics to the professional level for our investors, regardless of experience level or portfolio size. The experience with FINNOMENA today is just the first small step, as we aim to develop this area constantly according to our mission and focus on the financial industry's Mega Trend in the field of FinTech. This means that technology (Tech) will play an important role in the financial sector (Fin) in transforming consumer behaviors. We aim to unlock "potential" as an investor to be able to overcome their own limits. Finally, we believe that successful investors are not the ones who invest because of others’ views. Our goal is to empower investors to make their own decisions based on the knowledge they have attained from our channels.
FINNOMENA achieved more than 70 million views in 2020, a combined total of 1.2 million online subscribers, and over 180,000 members.
FINNOMENA is now the number 1 mutual fund brokerage firm in Thailand, representing investment advice of over 10 billion baht at the moment.
FINNOMENA is looking to strengthen our expanding FinTech teams, our office is located in the heart of Bangkok in Samyan district.
Join our rapidly growing team to experience the “Financial Phenomenon” that is FINNOMENA for yourself!
News: Finnomena eyes $3bn in AUM by 2023
Job Title: Lead / Senior Data Scientist
This position required for rapidly expanding team and currently has opportunities for individuals from a DATA SCIENCE/ Machine Learning and analytics background with experience in financial technology, banking or wider FinTech world.
- Act as a Team Lead of our smart and naughty data scientists/ data engineers.
- Be an out-of-the-box thinker who is passionate about brainstorming innovative ways to leverage our unique data to predict, prevent, and solve business issues/ topics.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand the challenges they face and present clear data to convince them of clear strategies and solutions.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand their problems and goals, develop predictive modeling, statistical analysis, data reports and performance metrics, and analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
- Design and implement data models to explain in solving the specified problems using various techniques such as data mining, statistical modeling, and machine learning.
- Apply quantitative analysis, and data mining to extract, capture and understand data to form an opinion on how to best help our clients and derive relevant insights for strategies in customer interaction and FINNOMENA product or business growth.
- Lead and participate in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools, and solve complex analytical problems
- Develop or use algorithms and statistical predictive models and determine analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
- Develop/ Provide insightful visualizations to make your complex analyses accessible to a broad audience, or present information using data visualization techniques as well as recommend the next course of actions to decision makers and other functional groups.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges, as well find opportunities to craft FINNOMENA products out of analyses that are suitable for multiple clients.
- Develop prototypes and run experimentation for business intelligence tools, solutions, and techniques
- Partner with a variety of internal teams and external partners to provide comprehensive solutions.
- Perform analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and/or complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and broad knowledge of the organization and/or industry.
- Evaluate data management, data quality and data access processes for gaps, inefficiencies and opportunities; provide recommendations for improvement.
- Other jobs as assigned
- Thai nationality
- 5+ years of experience in data-based decision-making or quantitative analysis, software or hardware development
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in analytical field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Operations Research or related Engineering field.
- Experience in ETL & Data related tools e.g. SQL, Google Tag Manager, Spark, and etc.
- Experience in understanding and analyzing data using statistical software (e.g. Python, SAS, R, Stata or others)
- Competence in Excel, PowerPoint/ G Slides), Tableau
- Previous exposure to financial services, FinTech, credit cards or merchant analytics is a plus, but not required
- Insight and experience of applying Data Science in one or more of the following areas: Business Engagement, Business Growth, Customer Experience & Interaction, FinCrime, Retail Engagement and Growth
- Understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinning, such as classification, regression, recommendation systems and natural language processing and unsupervised learning approaches.
- Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Experience leading projects to deliver complex data management solutions; working with internal and external partners
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Strong in communication both written and spoken and presentation skills as well fluent English speaking & writing communication